Thai Basil Fried Rice
The Thai Basil Fried Rice recipe is courtesy of Matthew, the editor of the healthy recipe and cooking site, Fave Diets.com. This recipe will give you that sweet and spicy something you are looking for while providing a quick and filling meal. Matthew suggests customizing this great Thai basil rice dish with your favorite vegetables and lean protein.
- 2 tablespoons light oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 small red or green chilies, minced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 ounces green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red or green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 15 sweet basil leaves, sliced
- Pour oil into a heated pan or wok.
- When the oil is hot, add garlic and chilies
- After about a minute, add the mushrooms, onion, rice, beans and pepper.
- When the vegetables are softened and slightly crispy, add sugar, soy sauce and basil. Cook until vegetables reach desired doneness.
Other Basil Recipe Dinner Ideas
has a whole range of basil dinner recipes you might want to give a try, from chicken dishes to pasta dishes and Thai recipes. There are even basil recipes you can fix quickly when you are pinched for time. These recipes are signified with a "*". Give them a try and we'd love to hear what you think. You can leave your thoughts at the bottom of the page.