Breezy Summer Pasta
Breezy Summer Pasta will spice up that ho-hum summer meal. A recipe by Art Ginsburg, better known as Mr. Food. According to Mr. Food, the contrast of chilled garden-fresh ingredients tossed with warm, cooked pasta and a light dressing is one colorful and flavorful summer meal idea!
Photo Courtesy of MrFood.com
- 4 medium-sized ripe tomatoes cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, dill, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a bowl. Cover the pasta with the chilled tomato mixture, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
Other Basil Recipe Dinner Ideas
has a whole range of basil dinner recipes you might want to give a try, from chicken dishes to pasta dishes and Thai recipes. There are even basil recipes you can fix quickly when you are pinched for time. These recipes are signified with a "*". Give them a try and we'd love to hear what you think. You can leave your thoughts at the bottom of the page.