Summer Basil Pasta Salad
This summer basil pasta salad is perfect for warm weather meals. Bring this to your next summer barbecue and you will be the hit of the party.
When asked to bring something to a family gathering, my wife's pasta salad is always requested. It never disappoints and neither will you. Give it a try!
The hint of lemon adds a brightness to the dish and with no mayonnaise in the dressing, it is much easier to keep fresh in the heat.
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, chopped (any variety you like)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon basil leaves, chopped*
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound bowtie pasta, cooked to package directions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lighly toasted
Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss well. Serve at room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
* If you can't find lemon basil, use sweet basil leaves and add the juice from half of one lemon to the olive oil.
Other Basil Recipe Dinner Ideas
has a whole range of basil dinner recipes you might want to give a try, from chicken dishes to pasta dishes and Thai recipes. There are even basil recipes you can fix quickly when you are pinched for time. These recipes are signified with a "*". Give them a try and we'd love to hear what you think. You can leave your thoughts at the bottom of the page.