Basil White Bean and Tomato Soup
The Basil White Bean and Tomato Soup is courtesy of Matthew, the editor of the healthy recipe and cooking site, Fave Diets.com. Basil, White Bean and Tomato Soup is a great way to stick to a healthy diet. Adding fresh basil will give it that added kick.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans dried great northern beans (about 1 pound)
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup diced peeled baking potato
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 (16-ounce) cans vegetarian chicken-flavored broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 diced seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup grated fresh low-fat parmesan cheese (1 ounce)Grape tomatoes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Sort and wash beans; set aside. Then, place a 6-quart pressure cooker coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion; saute 2 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Add beans, potato, thyme, broth, and bay leaves.
- Close lid securely; bring to high pressure over high heat (about 7 minutes). Adjust heat to medium or level needed to maintain high pressure; cook 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat; place pressure cooker under cold running water. Remove lid and discard bay leaves.
- Partially mash bean mixture. Stir in tomato and next 4 ingredients (tomato through red pepper).
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with low-fat cheese. 2 cans dried great northern beans (about 1 pound)
Basil Soup Recipes
Here are some additional Basil Soups you might want to give a try. Warm up your family and friends with these soup recipes!
Soup and Salad are a natural combination. Here are a few great basil salad ideas you might like.
Top of Basil White Bean and Tomato Soup
Home to Basil Basics
Return to Basil Recipes
Return to Recipes with Basil (HARO)
New! CommentsLet's hear from you! Leave me a comment in the box below.